Sunday, March 4, 2012

On Monday, He Ate Through One Apple...

Hello readers! Hope you've all had an amazing weekend! We did on my end! On Friday we took a spontaneous day trip up to Charleston to go to the aquarium and had a yummy dinner downtown! We decided to check out the tiny Savannah aquarium here on Saturday with some good friends and then went to Outback for lunch. Today has pretty much been a lazy Sunday and I'm loving it!

I decided to take some of that free lazy time today and use it to finally make my entry into the Chalkboard Nails dotting tool nail art contest! You can still enter your manis until tomorrow night, go check it out!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a HUGE favorite in our house and I've been wanting to do nails inspired by it for a long time. I did this entirely with dotting tools! Hailey was so excited when she woke up from her nap and saw my nails!





I used:
Base coat of Orly Nail Armor
3 coats of OPI Alpine Snow
1 coat of CND Gold Sparkling Effect
CND Just Red for the apple, head, and hair
China Glaze Starboard for the body and eyes
China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le for the antennae and hair
Orly Lemonade for the eye outline
OPI Wooden Shoe Like To Know? for the feet and apple stem
1 coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast

Large dotting tool for the head, body bumps, and apple
Tiny dotting tool for the feet and apple stem
Small dotting tool for the apple bite, eyes, nose, and antennae
Sewing pin for the hair

What do you think? I am loving how they turned out and am happy I can finally mark this off of my "nail art to do list." Thanks for reading!
Pin It!

28 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute!! And what a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I loved that book when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I did hungry caterpillar nails a few months back (a favourite in our house too!) but these are a million times more awesome! Good luck in the contest :)
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sons favorite! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacki this looks AMAZING! I knew you would do something fabulous when you said you were doing the hungry caterpillar :) ahhh saved this i am so happy you did it! i think its great... GREAT GREAT GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very cute! I have always loved the Very Hungry Caterpillar and I even snagged a copy of it and read it to my then boyfriend (now fiancé) so I could read it to him. Now he understands why I'll snack on something and then announce "but she was STILL hungry!" Hehe!
    ...So yes, I have a copy of this book that I saved from a yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, I remember this book, my granddaughter has it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You create the cutest manicures! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I loved this book when I was kid!

    somethinglikenails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna like this a million times :D - that is totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWW this brings me back to my childhood:')

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Now I want to do a bunch of nail art involving books from my childhood! Aww!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is pretty much amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow how amazing is this! What a fantastic idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it!! My 3 yr old boys would go nuts for it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just curious, what did you do on your thumbs? And did you do your other hand too?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are absolutely adorable!! I want to be a mom just like you :D

    ReplyDelete