Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stamping Sunday: China Glaze Sunsational Neon Puffer Fish!

Hello, readers! I am playing around with new day of the week themes here at Adventures In Acetone-- Tutorial Tuesday, Hailey's Fun Friday, and Swatch Saturday. I'm considering adding Stamping Sunday into the mix so we will give it a go and see how often I can post stamping manis on Sundays.

I recently purchased a squishy stamper from Winstonia and I finally tried it out. Let me tell you, this thing is amazing! No rolling needed because it is super squishy silicone and it forms to your nail surface  so much better than the traditional Konad stamper. Also, you just use the sticky side of tape to clean the surface of leftover polish so this was the quickest stamping I've ever done and I LOVE how it turned out. If you've had trouble with stamping before, I highly recommend this stamper!

I used a base of China Glaze Neon & On & On. These new China Glaze neon cremes don't have the best formulas and after three careful coats of this one, I decided that it still wasn't evened out enough for me so that's when I grabbed my stamping supplies to cover it up. The colors are gorgeous but I don't think I can wear them on their own.

I used Cheeky plate CH38 from last years summer set and Pure Ice Silver Mercedes for the puffer fish stamp. Then, I went back in with some dotting tools and another of the new China Glaze neons, Too Yacht To Handle, and filled in some of the bubbles.

I hate to say it, but I have missed Seche Vite so much the past 1 1/2 years. I recently grabbed a mini at the check out counter at Sally's Beauty Supply and remembered why everyone loves this for nail art. I may have to convert back.




Hi there, cute little fishy!

What do you think of this fun, summer mani? Thanks so much for reading!



*They have free worldwide shipping for all orders!*

I am really loving the designs in this set, they are different than the ones I keep seeing repeated by other brands. Well done, Cheeky! 

More Cheeky Links:
Cheeky Beauty Online: http://www.cheeky-beauty.com

Thanks for reading!

*The stamp plates in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion. 
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. the squishy stamper sounds like it was made for me! I always mess up my stamping manis by rolling the stamper too energetically :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! I love the design! Thanks for sharing the info about the stamper. I have been looking for a white stamper for awhile and it looks like this might be the one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful colours and beautiful pattern! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this mani!!!! And I'll have to look into this stamper you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I just used this stamp a few weeks ago...perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mani and wonderful stamping! I definitely have to try that stamper!

    ReplyDelete