This final post is something I've wanted to try for a while and just never did. Matte vs. Shiny-- as in, part of the nail design matted and the other part top coated for the shiny contrast. I used another untried for this post: Manglaze Lesbihonest. I only have a few Manglaze polishes but they are gorgeous mattes and I really like them! They don't play well with Rejuvacote base coat, though, and crackle like a crackle polish, so wear them without base coat on the bare nail for best results.
- I started out with two coats of Manglaze Lesbihonest.
- Let completely dry because you can't use quick dry top coat on top! I think I waited like 2 hours!
- I used craft scissors to cut tape in a fun line and applied verically on the center line of the nails.
- I then painted one coat of HK Girl Top Coat over the untaped side and carefully peeled the tape off.
- For some added contrast, I used a dotting tool and more top coat to do some dots on the matte side of the nails.
It was really easy and a subtle, but fun, nail design. It was also really hard to photograph.
Have you tried this look before? Thanks for reading! I hope you've enjoyed Tape Week as much as I have!