Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Digit-al Dozen DOES Tape Week Day 2: Neon Reciprocal Gradient!

Good morning, readers! It's time for my second tape mani for Digit-al Dozen week! I'm using more new China Glaze Sunsational neon cremes for this mani. They don't apply that easily on their own but the colors came out great in a gradient! The idea behind this mani came from THIS post by Globe & Nail. It's an awesome and easy to follow tutorial to get this look! I love how trippy this looks when the middle of the nails blur together.


  • I started out with 2 coats of China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle
  • Then, I did my normal creme gradient technique (as shown in THIS great tutorial by The Nailasaurus) with Too Yacht To Handle at the cuticle side and China Glaze That's Shore Bright at the nail tip side. 
  • Once a coat of Seche Vite dried that nicely, I applied the striping tape vertically on the nails.
  • Next, I followed the same technique for the creme gradient with the SAME two colors, but this time I inverted the makeup sponge and had the aqua at the tips and purple toward the cuticles.
  • Using tweezers, I carefully peeled the striping tape in the direction of the tape to keep the lines clean to reveal the design underneath. 
  • Another coat of Seche Vite to seal it all in and I was done!



What are your thoughts on this look? I loved it, it was SO bright and I had a lot of people comment on how different it was. Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow to see what I have for Day 3 of Tape Week!



Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Psychedelic! Really well executed, indeed. Compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! i never would have thought to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!! I'm going to try this today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks awesome the color combo is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way the two gradients blur in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these colors together are magical! i love the middle where they all sort of come together...for some reason it reminds me of the tv in poltergeist...dont even ask, i couldnt give you an answer on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it <3 thanks for explaining the procedure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Definitely going on my need-to-try list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! So unique and interesting!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so bad! The colors are perfection together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is so cool! amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design, It's on my waiting list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw this done before, mind blown every time! I really need to try this myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. FLAWLESS! Your color choices are lovely, and this is executed so perfectly <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it !! this is perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this looks great! I have to try a gradient like this :)

    ReplyDelete