Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Water Marble Wednesday: Essie Summer Skittlette!

Good morning, readers! It's been a long time since I've water marbled and I've been wanting to get back into trying it. I think the last water marble was the Christmas Tree design back in December. My friend, Danielle of Polish. Glitter. Rock & Roll does Water Marble Wednesday so this week I've joined in!

Since I am obsessed with "skittlette" nails lately, I thought it would be fun to do a skittlette mani with 2 accent nails that I water marbled. It's a win-win! You only have to deal with clean up on 2 nails per hand and I feel like it makes the water marble nails stand out more.

When I grabbed these 2 of the Essie Summer 2013 collection, I knew they would look fab in a mani together. I'm glad I've finally gotten around to using them! They water marbled beautifully!

For the water marbled nails:

  • I did one coat of China Glaze White on White.
  • I painted Elmer's school glue around my nails and on my finger tips and let dry.
  • I water marbled China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around, Essie The Girls Are Out, and Essie Naughty Nautical using my Flowery Water Marble tutorial technique.
  • I went back in with 2 dotting tools and Milani Silver Stilettos to add some silver dot accents.
  • One coat of HK Girl Top Coat to seal it in.
  • Once completely dry, I ran my hands under warm water in the sink to loosen the glue+polish layer on my skin and gently scraped it off with an orange stick!
  • I went in and got any remaining polish off the cuticles with acetone and a cleanup brush.

For the other nails:
  • 2 coats of either Essie Naughty Nautical or The Girls Are Out.
  • Milani Silver Stilettos and the big dotting tool to add one dot on each nail.
  • HK Girl Top Coat to seal them in!





I love that the shimmer shows so much on the water marbled nails!


This is such an amazing color!

What do you think of my skittlette water marble mani? I can't tell you how much I loved it! So fun and took so much less time than a full water marbled mani. Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to head over and see what Danielle did today for her Water Marble Wednesday post!



Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. This mani looks pretty amazing! I just love it! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mani looks pretty amazing! I just love it! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I can NEVER get a water marble right - I'm so jealous of how amazing yours is!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER cute! Love the colors together and the silver adds a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this! Marble accent nails are fantastic :D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow - I love how this turned out :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and this nail polish is really good, thanks for sharing with us.

    Visit for Inglot cosmetics http://www.majorbrands.in

    ReplyDelete