Today's throwback theme is Love and Heartbreak. I decided to try out a technique I've seen a few times. I saw it first in this guest post by Honeymunchkin on My Nail Polish Obsession and she referred to it as a "pond manicure." From what I understand, this post by Olive View Fashion was the original "pond manicure" and I've loved seeing all of the variations on many blogs! And I have to try the flower version soon as well!
So here is my attempt at a pond manicure, but using hearts like Honeymunchkin did. I threw in a few black hearts with the white ones for the "heartbreak" part of the theme.
Here is how I did it:
- I applied one coat of China Glaze Keepin' It Teal.
- Once that was dry enough, I took a small dotting tool and white polish to make some heart shapes.
- I then layered another coat of China Glaze Keepin' It Teal.
- Once that was dry, I repeated the steps of adding the white hearts overlapping the other layers and doing the China Glaze Keepin' It Teal jelly in between the layers.
- I added a random black heart on each finger in the top layers before the final jelly layer.
- Finally, I thought I would add some sparkle with China Glaze Fairy Dust and then some HKGirl Top Coat.
What do you think? The layers were more noticeable before the glitter but I still like how it turned out! Thanks for reading! Come back Monday for the second half of our throwback nail art themes for the September Spectacular!