Monday, June 9, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Metal, Day 1: Cybermen Vs. The Daleks!

It's time for this month's nail art theme with The Digit-al Dozen! All of the manis you will see this week are in some way connected to "metal" so I'm anxious to see how all of us come up with different ideas on the topic!

For my first design, I had to do another Doctor Who inspired mani! Cybermen and Daleks are both made of metal and waged a war against each other in the episode called Doomsday (otherwise known as the tear-jerking finale where The Doctor was burning up a sun just to say goodbye to Rose on a beach in an alternate universe and she said she loved him and he disappeared before he could say it back...sniff sniff..). Anyway, I thought it would be fun to show a bit of the war between the two species as nail art!

 My base is Zoya Ibiza and I used a metallic silver, metallic bronze, and metallic gold for the Cyberman and Dalek. I topped the look with a matte top coat so you could see the details better!


What do you think? Are you completely lost on who Doctor Who, Rose, Cybermen, and Daleks are? Have I not already convinced you with my previous Doctor Who inspired manis to start watching one of the best shows ever? Shame on you! They are on netflix, get to it! 

Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for the next "metal" mani with The Digit-al Dozen!





Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. Perfect. You always blow me away. Outstanding! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely obsessed with this - and Dr Who, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous mani! As a Whovian, I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great, despite the emotionally crippling episode they're based on! I love all of your Doctor Who manis, they give me so many ideas about what I should do on my nails for my friend's Doctor Who wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best idea ever! And your painting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG THIS IS PERFECTION!!! That dalek is amazing i can't believe it it's sooooo wonderful. Good job fellow whovian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your FB page was 'suggested' to me. I'm a geek by training and vocation. Some have said that I have the "mind of an engineer" as well. This appeals to all my geekiness. My SO is so going to love your blog.

    Heck, I love it, and I'm as testosterone drenched a man as ever there was. Okay, so that bit is over-the-top hyperbole, but all kidding aside, I do appreciate art in all its myriad forms.

    You have turned the manicure into an art form. I'll bet you really have fun with, well, everything.

    Really unique stuff, artful, and really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. DH's license plate is B4D WLF :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh I've seen that license plate!!! (I'm in AZ as well.)

      Delete
  9. I love this so, so much Jacki! You really never cease to amaze me! (And you made me want to watch that epi again!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea who these were but you the work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing!! You did a great job painting these and for making me want to go re-watch all the Doctor Who episodes! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect! God, the way I cried when I first watched that episode. I was not prepared for the feels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh that episode was so heartbreaking!!! These nails are gorgeous! Hard to believe how much detail you managed with this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously Jacki....you are TOO GOOD! LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't even! Perfect in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete