Good afternoon, readers! TGIF! I am so looking forward to the weekend, are you? For today's post, I have another nail art look using Milani Color Statement polishes. This time, it's simple color blocking over a holographic silver base using striping tape and 4 cremes.
I knew I really liked how these three creme shades looked next to each other, and I was trying to figure out what to do for a contrasting base. Generally, I wouldn't pick a glitter topper for a base color but I really loved the idea of the glittery stripes showing through. Luckily, Milani Rainbow Prisms had fairly good coverage and I only used two coats before adding the tape.
- I started out with two coats of Milani Rainbow Prisms.
- Then, I added quick dry top coat to smooth out the glitter and prepare for the striping tape.
- Once completely dry, I added two pieces of striping tape to each nail. The first one went diagonal across the entire nail, and the second one slightly overlapped at the center and went perpendicular to the other corner.
- I just filled in the sections created by the tape with each of these cremes, alternating on the next nail: Milani Corrupted Coral, Milani Mango Tango, and Milani Red Label.
- While they were still wet, I carefully peeled the striping tape back up to reveal the glitter base.
- I sealed everything in with a coat of top coat.
I took some pictures before I added the striping tape of Milani Rainbow Prisms alone so you can see the coverage I got at 2 coats. Shown below with top coat.
What do you think of these Milani Color Statement polishes? Have you done color blocking nails before? I really liked the color combo and formulas of the polishes. Thanks so much for reading!
These Milani Color Statement polishes retail for $3.99 each. They are available at the Milani website below, and should be at local stores as well.
Thanks so much for reading!
*The polishes in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.