Thursday, October 9, 2014

Ikat Chevron Nail Art!

Good afternoon, readers! It's been a few days, hasn't it? I've been low on nail art inspiration lately, but I started stalking instagram this week and found a ton of great things to recreate! Today's design was inspired by this post by Very Emily. She has some really fun nail art and I am sure I'll find more to try! It was harder than I anticipated to get the three colors of similar width, and you can see that I wasn't completely successful. However, I am super in love with this color combo and I'm really enjoying this as a full mani.

I've been eyeing Orly Hot Tropics for quite a while and finally picked it up at Ulta yesterday. It has a pretty golden shimmer so it paired really well with OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby. I was going back and forth trying to find a third color and coral seemed oddly fun so it won: OPI Live.Love.Carnaval. 
  • I started with three thin coats of Orly Hot Tropics.
  • Then, I did alternating "ikat" lines in a chevron shape of OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby and OPI Live.Love.Carnaval. 
  • I then used HKGirl Top Coat to seal the design in.
  • Lastly, I added OPI Matte Top Coat for a different finish. 

 

What do you think? I super love the design and color combo together. Thanks so much for reading!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hot Tropics is sooooo gorgeous. One of my faves, and I only have the mini bottle! I love how you paired it up with gold and coral!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color combo with the matte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! This looks like sand art! Love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete