Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ombre Dot Half Moon Pond Mani!

That's a full title, isn't it? I have a lot going on in today's nail art and it didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, but it's still a neat concept that I plan to perfect in the future. Zoya Katherine and Zoya Frida were the jelly polishes used, and I prefer the look with Katherine most even though the half moon part disappeared.

  Stemming from my love of this Half Moon Dotticure combined with the many "Pond Manicures" I have done, this mani started out with a half moon illusion with dots. Next, I layered dot layers moving toward the tip between coats of jelly polishes. It gave a really neat ombre effect on the 1/3 of the nail near the tip.

As you can see, Zoya Frida (teal) was more sheer and you can easily see the half moon shape. However, I prefer the ombre effect more with Zoya Katherine because it was more pigmented. I have plans to recreate this look without the half moon and do it a little differently because this took a LOT of layers. It also took a long time to dry completely. There are like 6 layers of jelly polish for each nail, with top coat.


All in all, it worked but not how I pictured in my head. I'll revisit this concept in the future for sure! Thanks so much for reading!



Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the nails with Katherine!! I'm going to have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fade effect on the purple nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just soooo cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cool! It doesn't matter if it's not what you were imagining, it looks really pretty. I can imagine it took forEVER to dry though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this idea is so bloody brilliant! I love it and can't wait to try it out myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! It makes me wish I had jelly polishes to recreate. I will have to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this isn't already how you pictured it (it's amazing!), then I can't wait to see you give it another try (bet it'll be beyond words). :) *love* this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fading effect is amazing! Curious how you'll perfect the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOOOVE the purple ones! I'm not really a fan of the half moon trend myself, though really I love it for the fact that it does disappear, it gives it so much depth. As if going from shallow to deep water. So so gorgeous and makes my eagerness for jellies grow unbearable! haha

    ReplyDelete