Good morning, readers! Floral Week with The Digit-al Dozen continues, and for Day 2 I've stretched the theme a bit. Floral lace shapes for the half moon part of this mani totally count for floral, right?
I was inspired by this mani on instagram by @deanne29 (who added dots to the original design by @Kayleighwaleynails ). Looking at the mani, the hardest part of the design would be the floral lace half moon cut out at the cuticle line. However, I grabbed my trusty Liquid Palisade and it was a breeze! I'll be putting a quick video on Instagram today of how I did it, and you can see a quick picture step-by-step below as well.
- To begin, I used Liquid Palisade and painted the floral cut out shape onto the nail, and then around my nail to protect the skin from the gradient sponging. I let it dry completely.
- Next, I painted Orly Frolic, Barry M Green Berry, and KBShimmer Hugs and Wishes onto the makeup sponge. I dabbed onto the nails about 4-5 times each, and I rotated the sponge on the next nail so the colors would be in different spots.
- Once the gradient was opaque enough, I used tweezers and pulled the Liquid Palisade off to reveal clean skin and the floral cut out.
- I used acetone and my cleanup brush from Jolie Polish to get any excess polish off of the skin.
- I then used a thin nail art brush and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to carefully paint the floral petal shapes.
- I used a small dotting tool and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to add the polka dots.
- One coat of HK Girl Top Coat was then used to seal it in and help dry the design.
- Lastly, I added one coat of OPI Matte Top Coat because I am obsessed with mattified nail art lately.
Liquid Palisade creates a water-resistant barrier and blocks places where you don't want polish to stick. Once it is dry, it turns a darker purple and you can paint or sponge right onto it. When you are done applying polish, grab the edge and peel it off. It stretches and takes the polish with it. The small brush made it very easy to do the petal shapes on my nail as well.
In case you don't have instagram here is a little pictorial of Liquid Palisade in action! (These are screen shots of the actual video.)
What do you think of my second floral mani? I've finished all of my designs for this week and can't wait to show them all to you! Thanks so much for reading!!
*There are affiliate links in this post. If you click through and purchase then I will be compensated.