Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Floral, Day 4: Sketched Flowers!

Good afternoon, readers! For my fourth floral manicure with The Digit-al Dozen, I've been inspired by Meghan from Will Paint Nails For Food. She is a fellow Digit-al Dozen member and I am always in awe of her stunning manicures. She is amazing with florals, and this is my attempt at a similar "sketched floral" type manicure that I've seen her do many times. I sponged some fall colors on a neutral background, with simple sketched flowers on top.

  • I started with three coats of OPI My Vampire Is Buff.
  • Then, I took pieces of a torn makeup sponge and dabbed lightly in random places with OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go?, OPI Can't Afjörd Not To, and Zoya Jesy.
  • I used a thin nail art script brush and OPI Ice-bergers & Fries to do my simple flowers.
  • HK Girl Top Coat was used to seal it all in.
  • Lastly, a coat of OPI Matte Top Coat added to the "sketched" effect.



What do you think? I am really happy with how these turned out, and they were fairly simple to do. I think I could do more florals in the future if I go more simple. Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for the final day of Floral Week with The Digit-al Dozen!



Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. I'm not normally a fan of anything orange, but these are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I have zero free-hand skills but a little stamp over that sponged color would look great too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty and very Fall appropriate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The addition of the sponging is an added interest element that I really like; I'll have to keep this in mind for a mani! Lovely autumn nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it first of all because it's matte and it has fall-ish colors. There's something about this nail art that I absolutely love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! I love the colors and the sketched look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beachy, but still have a seasonal look to them. I want to try them now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! That hint of sparkle matte-ified , amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really really like this - adding it to my to do pile x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing - especially your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty :) I love this kind of floral!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this! So pretty and the colors look so good together

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! I love this style! Perfect color combo. I love that there is a bit of glitter/shimmer that is peeking out from the polishes you sponged on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love this look. I don't know how I'd go doing the flowers, but I suppose I could start by just doing a feature nail :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete