Friday, October 17, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Floral, Day 5: Abstract Flowers!

Good morning, readers! It's the final day of Floral Week with The Digit-al Dozen. Have you enjoyed it? I've actually loved it much more than I expected to. It had me step out from my comfort zone so that always helps. This final mani is inspired by the Digit-al Dozen Queen of Florals herself-- Lindsey from Wondrously Polished. I was so excited when I saw her post this Abstract Flowers manicure a couple of weeks ago and it's been on my to-recreate list ever since. I didn't want to completely copy her mani, so I went with a pink color palette.

Although mine look a bit more circular and less floral, I still love how these turned out!
  • I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.
  • Then, I used a small dotting tool and made a dot in the center of the nails with OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana.
  • Then, using a nail art brush and moving from the center outward, I did three petal lines in various OPI pink cremes: Mod About You, Sparrow Me The Drama, Kiss Me I'm Brazilian, Sorry I'm Fizzy Today, and Girls Love Ponies.
  • Then I did HKGirl Top Coat followed by OPI Matte Top Coat.



What do you think? I hope you liked Floral Week with The Digit-al Dozen as much as I have! Thanks so much for reading!





Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Loved it on Wondrously Polished, love your version too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacki, I can picture this idea in other colorways, too. You could make it match whatever seasonal colors you wanted! A very pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I may have to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I can't imagine how long this would take to create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SUCH a cool look, and you've done such a gorgeous job. I love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are pretty dang cute!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love this kind of manicure...I did a gray base with the abstract flower design in textured pink polish over top and it was so cool! Great job this week Jacki!

    ReplyDelete