Monday, October 27, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Spooky Days, Day 1: Glowing Jack 'O Lanterns (#LLAfterDark)

Good morning, readers! Today is the beginning of an extra Digit-al Dozen nail art week! We really wanted to fit in some Halloween manis this month so some of us are joining in to bring you more Halloween nail ideas before the big day. Today is also this month's Lacquer Legion day with the prompt: After Dark. So I'm combining both prompts and I'm showing my spookiest manicure for the week: Glowing Jack 'O Lanterns! I'm sure you will see plenty of these if you go trick or treating this Halloween!

I started with a white base and then a couple of coats of an unnamed neon orange. Once that was dry, I used OPI Black Onyx to paint some spooky faces and filled in the rest of the nail so the orange was only showing where you would have cut out on the pumpkin. I then applied one coat of HKGirl Top Coat followed by one coat of OPI Matte Top Coat. 

The neon was so bright that it appears glowing more in the middle of the cutouts than along the edges where the black touched it. I have no idea why it did that, but am thrilled that's how it worked out! 



What do you think? This really didn't take as long to paint as I expected and it's probably my favorite of the manicures I have to show you this week. Thanks so much for reading, and come back tomorrow to see Day 2 of Spooky Days with The Digit-al Dozen!

Would you like to join in with The Lacquer Legion? You can go check out The Lacquer Legion on Facebook for some more info.

Check out what the rest of the ladies have for Day 1 below!




Pin It!

24 comments:

  1. These are so awesome!! One of my favorite Halloween manis you've ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing! Probably the best Halloween nail art I've ever seen :)

    Greetings from LA
    http://www.janacalifornia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing and truly glows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why the orange got brighter in the middle. Happy accident or no, it looks amazing! I only wish I could carve pumpkins that looked as great as this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome; so glowy and a perfect spooky Halloween mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they really do look like they are glowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. btw, your ring finger looks like the grinch LOL.

      Delete
  8. I think this is my favorite Halloween mani EVER! It's truly creative and I want to wear it now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! I love the idea and it turned out perfectly; they look like spooky, glowing pumpkin silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so EPIC! I love how they glow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I love this! They really do seem to glow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG This is everything! One of the best Halloween designs I've seen hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so beyond superb. I absolutely love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love that this is genuinely scary and not at all cutesy - great pumpkins x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you happen to remember where you bought the neon orange? I tried this mani myself, but the orange bits didn't have that same (amazing) glow to them ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! This was from a 4 pack at Walmart of Dare Colors brand neons. I can't remember which set it was in though, there are no names on the bottles

      Delete
  16. This is beyond amazing! I can't believe how they glow!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pardon my language, but these are badass!

    ReplyDelete