Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Spooky Days, Day 2: Candy Corn Drips!

Good morning, readers! I have a really funky manicure to show you for Day 2 of Spooky Days with The Digit-al Dozen! It's not spooky, but fits in with Halloween and I really loved it! I followed this tutorial by AttackedAstoria Nails and am so glad I did. The drips pop over the black base so well.

I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Black On Black. Next, I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls to create the drips. OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go? and OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana were used to fill in the appropriate orange and yellow stripes. Lastly, I used one coat of HKGirl Top Coat and OPI Matte Top Coat.



What do you think? I really love how these turned out. Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for Day 3 of Spooky Days with The Digit-al Dozen!




Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. This is one of the coolest manis I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jacki.
    The drips really stand out on the black base and the matte effect is just perfect! Love it, love it, love it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! The matte effect is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these! Such a perfect way to use this technique! It almost looks like you created it in the opposite order with the candy corn design first and then the black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just amazing -t he curve of your drips is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Your candy corn drips are so original and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection. The matte black really makes it pop - almost like an optical illusion!

    ReplyDelete