Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Spooky Days, Day 3: Fan Brush Mummies!

Good morning, readers! It's Day 3 of Spooky Days with The Digit-al Dozen! I have another "cutesy" Halloween nail art mani for you today and I really loved it. I used a fan brush to add some dirt/age to the "bandages" and I love the extra detail.

  • I started out with 3 coats of OPI My Vampire Is Buff. 
  • Once dry, I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys to add some "dirt" to the bandage base. I just swiped back and forth lightly over the base. 
  • Once dry, I used OPI Icebergers & Fries to add stripes for where the mummies would peek through the bandages. 
  • I used two sizes of dotting tools to add the eyes with white and red cremes.
  • OPI Black Onyx was used to make the bandage lines.
  • HKGirl Top Coat was used to seal in the design.
  • OPI Matte Top Coat was used to mattify the nail art.



What do you think? I don't think I've ever done mummy nails so I'm really digging these. They are definitely not creepy, but I usually go for cute over creepy nail art anyway. Thanks so much for reading!



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I did some water marbled mummies last week! I love how you've dirtied the bandages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the added depth you added to the bandages! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love these cute mummies! I like that you added that swipe of "dirt" to the bandages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look, I love that you aged them a bit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Your attention to the little details are always awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great - he makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mummies are so flippin cute!!

    ReplyDelete