Friday, October 31, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Spooky Days, Day 5: Halloween Grunge!

Good morning and Happy Halloween!! I have my final Spooky Days manicure for you today. Have you enjoyed this week? This look isn't for everyone, it's kind of icky with the color combo but I really wanted to try grunge nails with Halloween colors so here we are. Maybe Shrek goes zombie? I used this tutorial by Chalkboard Nails to create this look.

  • I started out with a few coats of OPI Who The Shrek Are You?
  • Then, using the tutorial above, I added OPI Funky Dunkey, OPI In My Back Pocket, and OPI Black Onyx.
  • I added OPI Matte Top Coat and it added some extra smearing while mattifying the look.



As I said before, I'm not completely in love with this manicure, but I'm glad I tried it. Thanks so much for reading. I hope you all have a fabulous and safe Halloween!





Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Not quite an everyday manicure, but it's certainly perfect for Halloween! I like this unique take on a Halloween mani - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can't beat a good distressed mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icky and zombie are perfect for Halloween! Loving the grunge look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great - especially love the colors for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for Halloween! I love the look of grunge manis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! You picked the perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete