So, for Day 1 of things I am thankful for: vinyl nail guides. As a nail art blogger and stay at home mom to two young children (while homeschooling my 1st grader), it's not always easy to fit the time in for nail art. I usually find myself awake hours before anyone else in the house so I can get swatches or nail art done. Sometimes, I just can't find enough energy or inspiration at 5am for something exciting.
There are some amazing brands out there that sell nail guides for easy nail art and I am a big fan! Quick, easy, and SUPER FUN nail art all at once? Count me in. KBShimmer just released chevron vinyl nail guides that are connected on the edges so you don't have to take the time to perfectly space out your strips. I ordered them as soon as I saw them and let me tell you-- having the edges combined is a GAME CHANGER. Nail guides were always easy to use, but I'll admit that I'm not the best at getting my lines even. These apply as one sheet and pull off as one sheet so not only did I save a lot of time, but I also ended up with a much better manicure than my previous attempts.
(Photo credit to KBShimmer.com)
To create this look:
- I started with three thin coats of the new Elevation Polish Sunset Among The Palms.
- I used one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top Quick Dry Top Coat and let dry for about 30 mins to make sure the guide stickers wouldn't pull it back up. (This is when I go eat breakfast and drink my coffee!)
- I then applied one chevron guide to each nail, making sure to press along the edges of the cuticle.
- I painted one coat of Elevation Polish Shilin Stone Forest over the entire nail.
- While it was still wet, I peeled the chevron guide off of my nail, pulling from one side across to the other.
- Lastly, I added KBShimmer Clearly On Top to seal in the design and smooth out the different levels of polish.
You can find these chevron nail vinyl guides and other shapes HERE at KBShimmer.com now for only $5 a sheet. I also have a sheet of holiday designs that I can't wait to try!
So today, I am thankful for vinyl nail guides that make nail art easier for a busy mom trying to fit it all in. What are you thankful for? Thanks so much for reading, and come back each day this week to see what The Digit-al Dozen girls and I are thankful for!