Wednesday, January 7, 2015

13 Days Of January, Day 3: Half & Half! (Metal & Wood Nail Art)

Good evening, readers! I have an interesting manicure to share with you today. The nail art prompt for today's challenge was Half & Half. I asked Mr. Adventures In Acetone for some ideas on the topic and he said wood and metal! So here is my attempt at half metal, half wooden nails.

  • I started out with 2 coats of OPI Push And Shove for my chrome metal look. 
  • Once that was dry, I carefully painted one half of each nail with 2 coats of OPI Icebergers & Fries. 
  • I used the dry brush technique and added some streaks of OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys and OPI How Great Is Your Dane? 
  • I topped the wooden half with OPI Matte Top Coat and then added some dots using a dotting tool and OPI Push And Shove on the wooden side to tie them together.


What do you think? I think I would be happier with a more perfectly straight line using tape between both halves, but other than that it's pretty much how I pictured it in my head. Thanks so much for reading!




Pin It!

4 comments: