Thursday, April 2, 2015

OPI Infinite Shine Wear Test

Good morning, readers! I promised a wear test on the OPI Infinite Shine system back in my swatch post and I finally got a chance to try it out. I was really excited for up to 10 days with the same manicure so I set aside some free time in my blog schedule and bought 2 colors from Ulta that I knew I wouldn't mind wearing for that long without changing. Keep reading below to find out my results!

 For a refresher, here is my info on the Infinite Shine system:

Infinite Shine is applied via a three-step system; first, apply Infinite Shine Primer (Step 1) to prevent staining and increase lacquer durability. Next, select one of 30 shades (Step 2) and paint two thin, even coats for richly-pigmented, vivid color. Finally, finish with Infinite Shine Gloss (Step 3), which features a state-of-the-art gel polymer formula that cures in natural light. Product can be removed easily with Expert Touch Nail Lacquer Remover; no soaking is required. 

On my thumb, index, and pinky nails, I am wearing two coats of OPI Grapely Admired using the 3 step system. My middle and ring fingers have two coats of OPI Withstands the Test of Thyme using the system as well. After application, I hung out in the sun for a while to help with the curing in natural light.

The top photo and the one below were taken right after they were applied:

Fast forward to about 24 hours after application:

Sadly, I had wear on my index and 2 chips on my pink nail. In that 24 hours I'm sure I did my normal routine of bathing kids, washing my hands, rinsing dishes, showering, etc. Nothing too crazy, but I am a stay at home mom so there are a good amount of things I do on a daily basis that involve water.



Fast forward again to about 48 hours after application:

The pinky chips have gotten a little worse and the index now has a big chip. Not shown are my other chips on the opposite hand and thumbs, but they are there.


The mani had to come off by that point. Oddly enough, all of the chips were on the nails with OPI Grapely Admired. I'm not sure if that's a coincidence on the nails chosen for Withstands the Test of Thyme but I do plan on trying again with just that one to see if its the purple's fault.  I will definitely report back at least on instagram with that when I get around to it. 

So what are your thoughts? Did you try the Infinite Shines and have better or worse luck? I don't usually get more than a couple of days out of a mani ever. I guess maybe I'm prone to chips, so I hope these work better for some of you.

Thanks so much for reading!

Infinite Shine products feature a proprietary formula and each bottle includes OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. OPI Infinite Shine Gel Effects Lacquer System will be available March, 2015, at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, beautybrands.com, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis, ULTA and ulta.com for $12.50 ($14.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.

OPI is guaranteed only when purchased through authorized professional beauty outlets and prestige stores, not from a drugstore, supermarket, mass outlet or other unauthorized source.
For more information, please call Tractenberg & Co. 212.929.7979. Follow OPI on Twitter and Instagram @OPI_PRODUCTS and go to Facebook to become a fan!

ABOUT OPI
As the world leader in the professional nail care industry, OPI is committed to providing high-quality products and services to both salons and their customers, along with a focus on industry safety and innovation. Known for its exceptional formula, fashionable colors and iconic names, OPI’s heavily-pigmented lacquers are super rich, long-lasting and chip-resistant – offering an affordable luxury to consumers. OPI nail lacquer is available in over 200 shades. Each lacquer features OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. Currently, OPI is available in over 100 countries and retails a full line of professional items, including nail treatments, finishing products, lotions, manicure/pedicure products, files, tools, gels and acrylics. 





Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this thorough review! I picked up the set with the shade Set in Stone. I am curious to find out how it wears on me.

    ReplyDelete