Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Childhood, Day 3: LEGOS!

Good afternoon, readers! Today is the third day of Childhood Week with The Digit-al Dozen. I have already covered a favorite tv show and a favorite book, so today I'm sharing a favorite toy: LEGOS! Who hasn't played with these before? My kids love them and I enjoy playing with them now almost as much as I did as a kid. For this mani, I've just done classic LEGO things: loose LEGOS (don't step on those!), a LEGO character, the LEGO logo, and stacked LEGOS.
  • I started out with 2 coats of Rica Whiteout and let dry.
  • Then, I tried out my new acrylic craft paints again for the detail work using Pure Color Glamor No.1 nail art detail brush.
  • I topped the design with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top, followed by one coat of a matte top coat by Wet n Wild.

What do you think? I am still liking the use of acrylic paint, the white and black being my favorite change. I'm still on the fence about the opacity of the other colors compared to polish, though. I may have to reach for my favorite creme polishes for future manis and stick to using white and black paint. Guess we will see! Thanks so much for reading, come back tomorrow for another Childhood Week mani!

Check out what the other ladies have done for Day 3 below:

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Love love love! Lego was the favourite of one of my best friends too, even when he was a grown up. He had buckets and buckets of the stuff. He sadly passed away a few years ago so thank you for reminding me of him with your wonderful nail art :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love the Lego head! I've been experimenting with acrylic paint too, and had such a hard time cleaning up my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! :)
    Some months ago I also started using acrylic paint for my nail art. However, I really like to use it. It's much easier than polish. The only thing that stops me from using it is the mixing of colours. It's harder for me to see which colours I have to mix instead of just taking the polish that has the right colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lego is great if you're a kid and annoying as a parent....those little pieces never seem to get back into the bucket and usually end up all over the house...or bottom of the toy chest....or maybe that was just my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely brilliant Jacki, especially the index and middle fingers. Genius

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are cute! I love the realism of the design on your index finger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond adorable! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all, but that FACE! This is so cute...might have to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG. How do you manage it every time? THese legos are freaking adorable!

    ReplyDelete