Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Childhood, Day 4: Sandcastles!

Good morning, readers! It's time for my fourth Childhood Week mani with The Digit-al Dozen. Who didn't love making sandcastles at the beach (or in a sandbox) as a kid? I grew up on the east coast of Florida so beach days were often and a fun memory of mine. We recently moved back here so my own kids are getting into building sandcastles now as well! Zoya Godiva Pixie Dust was a fun additional layer over the sandy parts of this mani, giving it a sandy texture and extra sparkle.

  • I started out with three coats of OPI What's With the Cattitude? 
  • Then, I used a nail art brush and OPI Maintaining My Sand-ity to paint out all of the sandy parts.
  • Acrylic paints were used to do the shovel, pail, flag, and shell.
  • I topped it all with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.
  • Lastly, I used the nail art brush and painted two layers of Zoya Godiva on the sand and let dry to that fun, sand texture.



What do you think of this mani? It's not my favorite of the week, probably because I couldn't get the shovel to look right and it's pretty simple. However, it did show off a favorite childhood memory so it needed to be posted! Thank you so much for reading, come back tomorrow for the final day of Childhood Week with The Digit-al Dozen!

What did the other ladies do for today? Check them out below!

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. This turned out really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoya Godiva is the perfect polish for sand nail art! I love your take on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This so wonderful for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Godiva for sand too. And you nailed it with this mani. It's making me crave summer so I can help my niece make sandcastles at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect use of Godiva! I love using it for sand manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect! We used to go on a summer family vacation to the beach every year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fabulous, and Godiva is just perfect here. Summers aren't summers without sand castles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you've made me want to go to the beach with this fabulous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funtastic mani! I spent lots of time at the beach as a kid too; it was one of my ideas for a mani this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is such a genius way to use godiva! It really looks like shimmery sand on the beach! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete