Friday, April 17, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Childhood, Day 5: Candy Land Nail Art!

Good afternoon, readers! It's the final day of Childhood Week with The Digit-al Dozen. I've shown you a favorite tv show, favorite book, favorite toy, and favorite outdoor activity. Today, I'll show a favorite board game: Candy Land! I think this is a fairly common game that most everyone has seen or played in their lifetime. There have been many variations of the characters over the years, the one my kids have is different than mine. I decided to focus on one of my favorite characters, Princess Lolly! The rest of the nails represent the colorful spaces you follow in the game.


  •  I used one generous coat of Rica Whiteout for my base and let dry. 
  • I used acrylic paint for Princess Lolly, candy, and colorful spaces.
  • I sponged Barry M Key Lime, Prickly Pear, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, and OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana between the swirls of spaces.
  • I sealed it all in with Rica Glossy Glam and topped it with a coat of Wet n Wild matte top coat.

Here is a picture from google of Princess Lolly if you don't remember her in this form:



What do you think? She isn't perfect, but you get the idea. Was this a favorite game of yours? Thank you so much for reading this week! Don't forget to check out what the other ladies in the Digit-al Dozen did for the last day! Have a great weekend.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. It's so cute! You are a very creative artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candyland was one of my favorite games! This is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAJOR throwback! Amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen this game before but it looks like the sort of thing Mister would love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable! I too have never played....I think it was after my childhood lol!

    ReplyDelete