Monday, May 11, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Geometric, Day 1: Quatrefoil Gradient

Good morning, readers! It's Monday, but I have good news! It's Digit-al Dozen Week and the theme is Geometric. I'm still trying to brainstorm ideas for the week, but I suspect we will see lots of shapes, patterns, and lines from most of us this week. Today's mani is what I've been wearing all weekend and I really love the color combo of the bright creme gradient over the darker shimmer quatrefoil pattern.


  •  I started out with 2 easy coats of Elevation Whoa! Jackson Whole.
  • I topped it with 1 coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top and let dry for a while.
  • I painted Liquid Palisade around the nails for easier cleanup.
  • Then, I applied the Quatrefoil Nail Vinyls and pressed down firmly.
  • I used a makeup sponge to apply the gradient of KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time and Bahama Drama.
  • Once I was happy with the coverage, I peeled off the nail vinyls and LP.
  • One coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal it all in and smooth out the gradient.


What are your thoughts on this mani? I am really happy with the gradient because I was worried the colors I chose wouldn't look nice blended together. I also love that the shimmery base is a nice contrast to the creme gradient. Thanks so much for reading, come back tomorrow to see my next Geometric design!

Also, check out what the ladies did for Day 1 below!


Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! Love the summery hot colour gradient with the gold :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! You guys are making me die for the KBShimmer polishes! The gradient is so cool, especially with the darker grey underneath. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Great use of nail vinyls! I really love the gradient and the pattern looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is everything! It's such an odd color combo but it works SO WELL. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! The colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these colors and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are SO amazing!! I need those vinyls like yesterday! Quatrefoil all the things <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gradient is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cool! I never would've guessed those colors would look so good in a gradient together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those vinyls are pretty cool! I thought you had stamped the image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this! I think I need those vinyls in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are still princess nails to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything about this is perfection! Great job, Jacki! <3

    ReplyDelete